Welcome to the
SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team
1. What inspired the SHIELD Mentor Program to start the SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team?
Our Executive Director, Precious McKoy, is the visionary behind the creation of the SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team. Her journey began over 15 years ago when she ventured into web development within the IT field. However, it was her personal experience as a mother that ignited her mission. Precious's two children started their STEM journey at a remarkably young age, instilling in her a deep appreciation for the transformative potential of technology in shaping the workforce of the future. This personal experience laid the foundation for her commitment to creating a program that would provide opportunities for young lives to embrace STEM and robotics. She is committed to ensuring that no young person is left behind in the exciting world of STEM. Her vision is clear: technology has the power to build the workforce of the future, and she is passionate about inspiring innovation in young minds.
2. What is the team's commitment to diversity and mentorship?
Diversity and mentorship are at the core of our mission. We actively seek to provide mentorship opportunities to underrepresented high school students and aim to build a more inclusive and equitable future for the tech industry and society as a whole.
3. Can parents, guardians, or other individuals get involved with the team?
Absolutely! We welcome parent and guardian involvement, whether as volunteers, mentors, or supporters. Please express your interest, and we can discuss how you can contribute.
4. Where is the team based, and who can join?
We are based in High Point, North Carolina, but we welcome high school students from Guilford County and beyond to join our team. Our primary focus is on serving the High Point community and inspiring young lives who may not have had access to STEM experiences before.
5. What is the time commitment for team members?
The time commitment for team members involves meeting twice a week after school from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. This schedule allows students to balance their academic responsibilities while actively participating in the team's activities and projects.
6. How can organizations or companies partner with the SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team?
Organizations and companies that share our passion for STEM education and youth development can partner with us through mentorship, sponsorships, or participation in our community outreach events. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on partnership opportunities.
7. What is the timeline for the FIRST Robotics Competition?
The FIRST Robotics Competition Kick-off is in early January, marking the start of a six-week intense robot-building season. This leads to an exciting regional Championship event in March, where our team showcases their hard work, innovation, and teamwork. It's a thrilling part of our journey that challenges and inspires our young participants.
8. What is FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)?
FRC is a challenging, high-energy robotics competition for high school students, where teams build and program robots to compete in exciting games. It's a unique opportunity for high schoolers to apply their STEM skills in a real-world, hands-on context.
9. How can I contact the team for further information?
For any additional questions or inquiries, please reach out to Precious McKoy, our Founder/Executive Director, at email@example.com or by calling 336-604-5305. We're here to assist and provide more information about our program.
The SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team is a dynamic and pioneering force in the world of robotics and STEM education. We are based in High Point, North Carolina, and our mission is to empower high school students from diverse backgrounds to explore the exciting fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Who Can Join:
High school students who are passionate about robotics and STEM are invited to join our team. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for young people in Guilford County and beyond. Whether you're new to robotics or have experience, there's a place for you here.
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC):
Our team competes in the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC). FRC is an exhilarating, hands-on experience where students design, build, and program robots to take on complex challenges. It's a chance to apply STEM knowledge in the real world and collaborate with like-minded peers.
- No Cost to Participate: We believe in equal access to STEM education. There is no cost to join our team.
- Fundraisers: To cover travel, lodging, and food expenses for competitions, we conduct fundraisers. These fundraisers help ensure that the cost of participating in FRC events does not become a barrier for our team members.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We are committed to fostering diversity within our team. We actively seek underrepresented voices, ensuring a wealth of perspectives that drive innovation.
- Mentorship: Our program is not just about robots; it's about mentorship. You'll have the opportunity to learn from experienced mentors who are passionate about STEM.
How to Join:
If you're a high school student interested in joining the SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team, express your interest by filling out this form.
Parents, guardians, organizations, and companies who share our passion for STEM and youth development are encouraged to get involved. We welcome volunteers, sponsors, and participants in our community outreach events. Together, we can inspire the next generation of STEM leaders.
Join the SHIELD QuantumForce Eagles Robotics Team, where we're shaping the future, one robot at a time!